- Working professionals seeking to advance their careers in fields such as data analytics, information technology and systems management, and technology consultancy
- Working professionals seeking to make a shift in their career to the information technology field
- Individuals with technical backgrounds in science, math, or engineering who want to acquire expertise in Information Systems
- Undergraduates earning a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Management, or Accounting
- International students seeking to further their careers in Information Systems, who have degrees in Information Systems, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Statistics, or Accounting
Master of Science in Information Systems
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has reported strong growth in all computer and IT-related job categories, with a 12% increase in employment forecasted through 2024. In addition to high demand for well-trained information systems and technology professionals, graduates will be needed in areas such as computer systems design, software publishing, government, and civil services.
The Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) degree, a STEM-Designated program at CSULB, helps students master the latest technology used to manage digital information and prepares them to become project leaders and decision-makers. Located in Southern California’s busy technology corridor—one of the world’s centers of innovation—the MSIS program provides the advanced training, technical skills, and competitive advantages that employers seek when hiring IT professionals.
The MSIS program provides in-depth knowledge in data analytics and cybersecurity, as well as the latest information technologies used to increase efficiency and effectiveness, enhance customer and supplier relations, and ensure sustainability. This program is designed to produce graduates who meet the ever-growing workforce needs for data analysts, data scientists, IT managers, systems analysts, corporate security specialists, and database administrators—roles that can often lead to leadership positions across different industries.
The 30-unit, 21-month, cohort-based MSIS program was created in partnership with CSULB’s College of Business and College of Professional and Continuing Education.
For more information, visit the CSULB College of Business MS Information System's website.
- A 30-unit cohort-model program
- 21-month program beginning every Fall semester
- Courses include programming for business analytics, business data analysis, machine learning for business analytics, deep learning for business, and Information Systems Security and Assurance
- Python is the adopted language for all analytics courses. Other tools embedded in the curriculum include AWS, SQL, and Tableau.
- STEM-designated program (international students are eligible for OPT)
- International students are eligible for CPT after completing 9 months in the program
- Textbooks, instructional materials, and campus parking are included in the tuition
- Classes are offered in the evening during the week and/or Saturdays to accommodate working professionals
- Career services are customized for our graduate students
- Access to an extensive CSULB alumni network
- Career opportunities with IT firms, corporate entities, and government authorities
- How to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to be employed in many capacities such as data analysts, systems analysts, cybersecurity specialists, information systems managers, application developers, and database administrators, among other positions
- How to utilize state-of-the-art technologies related to analytics, cybersecurity, and disruptive technologies such as Python, AWS, Tableau, and more
- How to contribute to the design, development, and management of information systems in a fast-moving business environment
- How to lead the development of innovative technologies and applications related to acquiring, producing, and disseminating information
- How to develop new business opportunities and solve management problems
- How to apply disruptive technologies to transform businesses and technology ventures
- Data analytics and machine learning
- Cybersecurity and information assurance
- Digital transformation
- Information systems analysis and design
- Database application development
- Mobile application development
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International is one of higher education’s most prestigious and rigorous accrediting bodies. AACSB International accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools, worldwide. AACSB International has accredited 412 U.S. business schools, with the College of Business Administration being one of 267 business schools worldwide with accreditation at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels.