Welcome to the Advanced Media Production (AMP) Center. Housed on campus, the AMP Center is known for producing high-quality, award-winning television shows and video programs. Equipped with high-tech production and post-production facilities, AMP conducts programming and operational support for the campus educational cable TV channel known as Beach TV. AMP also provides production and media distribution services for the College of Professional and Continuing Education (CPaCE) and its campus partners; and interfaces with external clients. Please use the left-side menu items for more information.
Beach TV is available as a 24/7 live stream.
Beach TV is also on Spectrum Cable 95 and Frontier FiOS Channel 25 in Long Beach and Signal Hill. You can also find it in Lakewood on Spectrum Channel 28. Additionally, Beach TV is available on streaming services Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
Many Beach TV shows produced on campus are available for viewing on the Beach TV YouTube channel.
Beach TV is a nonprofit, local educational cable TV channel (PEG channel) operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are approximately 700,000 viewers accessing Beach TV programming via the two local cable systems. Since its inception in 1985, Beach TV has been managed, operated, and programmed by Advanced Media Production.
Programs airing on Beach TV are acquired through several means. Many programs are produced by AMP staff and student assistants. Beach TV content focuses on public affairs issues, prominent guest speakers, special events, and engaging on-campus activities. Some examples of high-profile special guests on Beach TV in recent years include the following:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor and former California Governor
- Stevie Wonder, Grammy-winning performer
- Kirk Douglas, award-winning actor
- The 14th Dalai Lama, Tibetan Buddhist spiritual leader
- Martin Yan, chef and star of PBS show “Yan Can Cook”
- Arianna Huffington, founder of The Huffington Post
- Temple Grandin, best-selling author on the topic of Autism/Asperger’s Syndrome
- George Deukmejian, former California governor
In addition to the names listed above, many other prominent special presenters are recorded each year, including foreign ambassadors, Nobel Prize winners, and master artists and designers.
AMP Facilities and Services
- A High-Definition TV production studio and control room
- A “green screen” Chroma key space for single-camera uses, with “Virtual set” software also available
- A multifaceted digital post-production room, complete with a sound-proofed narration recording booth; software utilization includes Adobe Creative Cloud
- High-Definition field cameras and camera kits for field documentary production and recording
- A Digital Storage Area Network that includes massive video data storage for post-production purposes, as well as video program archiving and program play-out for Beach TV
To purchase a DVD copy of the following documentaries, send an email request to email@example.com.
Beach TV Program Development
Advanced Media Production
General Contact Info
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd. Mail Stop 2802
Long Beach, CA 90840
Phone: (562) 985-4352