Young adults aged 18-26 years old with a diagnosis of intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD) who had an individualized education program (IEP) in high school and live in the Long Beach area.
Think Beach is an inclusive college program for young adults with an intellectual disability (ID). Think Beach is a two-year, four-semester program that includes college coursework, weekly independent living skills workshops, vocational experiences, person-centered planning, and peer mentorship. This program will prepare students for successful employment and community integration in adulthood.
Think Beach students will be included in many aspects of college life, including CSULB classes, campus clubs and activities, on-campus jobs, and the Student Wellness and Recreation Center. Think Beach students will be a part of the CSULB campus community, attending classes and building friendships with fellow students. Think Beach takes a holistic, person-centered, strengths-based approach to supporting students as they work to achieve their goals and dreams. Students who complete Think Beach program requirements will earn a certificate in Integrated Career Studies.
Please note: This program is only offered in-person on campus at CSULB.
- Enrollment in college-level CSULB classes
- Inclusion in campus clubs and activities
- Opportunities for on-campus jobs
- Access to the Student Wellness and Recreation Center
- Mentorships and friendships with fellow students
- Students who complete Think Beach program requirements will earn a certificate in Integrated Career Studies