- Those seeking entry-level HR positions
- HR professionals currently working in the field who want to earn a certificate
- Business professionals seeking a career change
HR (Human Resources) Management
Now online and expanded, this program provides a new look at the most critical functions of Human Resources—for those who are new to HR and those who need to catch up.
Please note: Students enrolling in the HR Management program can choose to meet on Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Click the “Other Start Dates” button to view options and full schedule details.
There is more at stake in managing a workforce today than ever before. It is not only about hiring new staff, handling employee benefits, and managing training. Now, the health and welfare of the organization is tied to its Human Resources (HR) policies, procedures, function, and culture.
There are HR management jobs in nearly every industry, and the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a healthy increase in job opportunities in the field through 2020. The Human Resources Management Certificate Program at CSULB will help you enter or advance in the HR management profession. Developed by experts in the human resources profession, the courses included in this certificate program cover topics that are essential to the human resources function.
Students who successfully complete this program are eligible to receive a Digital Badge from CSULB’s College of Professional and Continuing Education. Each Digital Badge is embedded with a link to secure and specific information confirming that the participant has obtained the necessary skills and competencies as described in the program. The badge also includes the participant’s name, the course title, and date of completion. Badges are shareable and can be uploaded to CVs, resumes, social media profiles, or other digital platforms. Click here to learn more about Digital Badges.
- Gain technical and operational knowledge of HR functions
- Document ongoing professional development activities
- Improved ability to integrate HR practices into an organization’s goals
- Effective design and evaluation of training programs
- Methods of measuring work performance
- How to properly structure employee wages and compensation
- Enhanced analysis and automation of personnel data and records
- Complete all courses (15 class meetings).
- Design, develop, and present a project that will illustrate the varying aspects of each session. Materials and information presented in each session will directly relate to the project.
- To receive the certificate in the current semester, a maximum of one class meeting may be missed. To complete the certificate in the following semester, additional absences may be made up at a fee of $50 per class, subject to program availability.
- Attendance is mandatory at the final class meeting (The Symposium).
Please note that this program has been approved for recertification credits with various human resources organizations. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit your organization's website.
Jennifer Pham Fall 2020 graduate Human Resources Management
I’m so thankful to this program and to instructor Trent Bryson for the invaluable knowledge and connections this program has offered.