- Individuals who already have a teaching credential and need to take this CTC-required course to add a World Language authorization to their certification.
- It is not open to matriculated CSULB Single Subject Credential Students
Curriculum and Methods in Teaching World Languages
Academic Course (University Credit)
Curriculum and Methods in Teaching World Languages (EDSS 450F) is a 3-unit online course designed for individuals who already possess a California Teaching Credential and are looking to add an authorization in a World Language.
In addition to learning a new skill set that can help teachers advance their career, passing this course fulfills part of the requirements for adding a Single Subject authorization under the policies of the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), Education Code section 44225(e) and Title 5, California Code of Regulations, section 80499.
The course objectives, curriculum materials, instructional strategies, and assessments are specific to teaching World Languages to a diverse range of students. Reflective practice is based on the California Standards for the Teaching Profession and state curriculum framework for World Langanguages. Letter grade only (A-F).
- The class is completely online
Classes will be offered synchronously with three asynchronous meetings: May 28, June 18, July 2
- Students must successfully complete three units of instruction
- Individuals must already possess a Single or Multiple Subject California Teaching Credential