Please note: Students do not need to be enrolled at CSULB to take this course. To register, simply complete the payment process for the full program on the MindEdge website.
Veterans Career Advantage
Professional Development Course
This FREE, four-hour online Veterans Career Advantage course, offered by California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) in partnership with MindEdge, is designed for veterans and others who are transitioning from a long career within the military, making a new career change, or building specific skill sets to prepare for civilian employment. This course provides an understanding of military experience and the related challenges of the job search process for veterans and their families.
This course will focus on career planning and employment skills development, including resume writing and interview skills. Students will learn from veterans about their unique experiences in making the transition from military to civilian employment.
- How to set goals for career development and job search priorities
- How to apply key skills from military service to the civilian job market
- Defining a personal brand and leveraging social media during the job search
- Networking strategies and skills for veterans
- Practical tips and strategies from other veterans and hiring managers
- Crafting a successful resume and cover letter
- Resources for further career development, education, and training
- U.S. military veterans of any age
- Veterans seeking to transition from military to civilian employment
- Non-veterans who want to understand the veteran-to-civilian experience
- FREE course
- Online & mobile-friendly
- Accessible audio and video content including games and flashcards
- Supported by expert instructors
- 4 hours of instructional content
- Can be completed at your own pace within 90 days