Please note: Students do not need to be enrolled at CSULB to take this course. To register, simply complete the payment process for the full program on the MindEdge website.
Six Sigma Yellow Belt Test Prep Course and Exam
Professional Development Course
Six Sigma is a method developed to help collaborative organizations improve their performance by reducing waste using statistical analysis. This self-paced Six Sigma Yellow Belt Test Prep Course and Exam prepares learners for the successful completion of the MindEdge Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam by exposing them to the Six Sigma concepts, strategies, tools, and techniques that are used in process improvement projects. Learners should have some previous exposure to project and process management practices.
The program, offered by California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) in partnership with MindEdge, is divided into courses that explain key foundational Six Sigma information.
This program can be completed in an estimated length of 21.5 hours, with online access to materials for 240 days.
- Those responsible for basic improvement procedures, business processes, and decreasing waste at organizations.
- This program is entirely online, in a self-paced instructor-facilitated format that allows learners to study at their own pace and on their own schedule.
- The curriculum balances academic excellence with real-world practice, featuring text, video, interactivity, adaptive learning technology, quiz banks, and other features not available in a traditional textbook.
- Video segments from subject matter experts also supplement the course material, to provide real-world examples and enhanced understanding of important concepts and best practices
- This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24-48 hours.
- The concepts, tools, techniques, and strategies used in Six Sigma projects
- The five stages of the DMAIC methodology and identify the factors that will improve its chances of success
- The application of specific tools and techniques in support of process improvement activities
- How to demonstrate mastery of the skills and information covered in the MindEdge Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam
- Throughout the course, learners will be tested on their understanding and comprehension of course topics through challenging exercises, and interactive games.
- Course assignments show the tools and skills practitioners will use in support of process improvement activities, and explain how participants can contribute as important members of improvement teams.
- Each module also includes comprehensive quizzes and tests that learners can use to gauge their progress and prepare for each of the 25-question practice exams at the course end.
- Guides students through the five steps of the “Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control” (DMAIC) methodology, and demonstrate how a Six Sigma approach can benefit organizations in diverse industries or business sector.
- This program can be completed in an estimated length of 21.5 hours, with online access to materials for 240 days.
- Completing all assignments in the course, and scoring a minimum of 70% on the second of the two 25-question practice exams.
After successful completion of the exam prep course, you will be qualified to take the MindEdge Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam. Successful completion means completing all assignments in the course, and scoring a minimum of 70% on the second of the two 25-question practice exams.
The fee for taking the certification exam is included in the cost of this course.