Please note: Students do not need to be enrolled at CSULB to take this course. To register, simply complete the payment process for the full program on the MindEdge website.
Creativity and Innovation
Professional Development Course
This Creativity and Innovation program, offered by California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) in partnership with MindEdge, teaches students how businesses, organizations and individuals must think critically and innovate to stay competitive in today's marketplace. It explains how organizations can channel their critical thinking skills and innovation towards meeting organizational challenges and goals. The program provides a set of tools to leverage critical thinking and creativity to identify and solve organizational problems.
This program is entirely online, in a self-paced instructor-facilitated format that allows learners to study at their own pace and on their own schedule. The curriculum balances academic excellence with real-world practice, featuring text, video, interactivity, adaptive learning technology, quiz banks, and other features not available in a traditional textbook.
- Team leaders and employees
- The key factors for an innovative organization
- The differences between incremental, semi-radical, and radical innovation
- The connection between creativity and innovation
- How to overcome creative barriers for teams and organizations
- How to define critical thinking, reasoning, and logic
- Appropriate questions for critical thinking
- The process of systemic problem-solving
- Critical thinking as it pertains to the workplace
- The basis of personal creativity