- Students that have completed the Paralegal Certificate Course© and want advanced classes that will enhance their legal knowledge and skills.
Advanced Paralegal Certificate Course
These advanced topics build upon the nationally acclaimed Paralegal Certificate Course© offered by over 100 colleges and universities nationwide, including California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), in partnership with The Center for Legal Studies (CLS). These classes are available to students who wish to extensively build upon their knowledge of law and paralegal studies with classes in specialized facets of contemporary law. Your study and concentration on substantively specific materials will enable you to gain a strong competitive edge over other paralegals. The additional training gained through participation in these advanced classes will embellish your legal knowledge and skills, which in turn should increase your salary and marketability.
Completing both the core requirements of the Paralegal Online Certificate program and the requirements of the Advanced Paralegal Online Certificate Program provides comprehensive training and skills that should enable graduates to work in the quickly growing paralegal profession. The two parts in combination have been designed to meet the requirements of the California Business and Professional Code §6450, legislation that took effect in California on 1/1/01.
27 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be provided upon request as a permanent record of one’s attendance, if requested by the last class meeting.
- Convenient online format — accessible day or night
- Lessons accessible from any computer with Internet access
- Online discussion board for interaction with fellow students
- Specific knowledge to gain a strong competitive edge over other paralegals
- Additional training to embellish your legal knowledge and skills
- Key skills for increasing your salary and marketability
Students are required to complete six Advanced Paralegal Course topics to receive a certificate. Each topic is offered in a seven-week online session. Students must successfully complete the Paralegal Online Certificate Program before they take the Advanced Paralegal Course. Up to three Advanced Paralegal Course topics may be taken during a seven-week online session. Advanced Paralegal Course topics do not have to be taken in any particular order. They are as follows:
- Advanced legal research
- Alternative dispute resolution (mediation)
- Bankruptcy law
- Business law
- Constitutional law
- Criminal law
- Criminal procedure
- Education law
- Estate planning
- Family law
- Immigration law
- Intellectual property
- Real property law
- Victim advocacy
- Water law
Paralegal Certificate Course© (core requirements)