- Individuals who already have a teaching credential and need to take this CTC-required course to add an English authorization to their certification.
Curriculum Methods in English
Academic Course (University Credit)
Curriculum and Methods in Teaching English (EDSS 450G) is a 3-unit online course designed for individuals who already possess a California Teaching Credential and are looking to add an authorization in English.
In addition to learning a new skill set that can help teachers advance their career, passing this course fulfills part of the requirements of the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC).
The course objectives, curriculum materials, instructional strategies, and assessments are specific to teaching English to a diverse range of students. Reflective practice is based on the California Standards for the Teaching Profession and state curriculum frameworks. This course results in a letter grade only (A-F).
- Classes are completely online
- Students take the course at their own pace
- Students must successfully complete three units of instruction
- Before registering, students must already possess a Single Subject California Teaching Credential