- Individuals and professionals interested in employer/employee relations and laws
- Legal professionals
- HR professionals
- Independent business owners
Employment Law Certificate Course
Employment law is a branch of contract law that deals with relationships between employers and employees. This course, in partnership with The Center for Legal Studies (CLS) by Barbri, will cover statutes such as the National Labor Relations Act, the Railway Labor Act, and other various statutes dealing with public employees. Topics to be covered include master and servant relationships, wages and hours, anti-discrimination in employment, and minimum wages and maximum hours, as well as regulation of working conditions.
4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be provided upon request as a permanent record of one’s attendance, if requested by the last class meeting.
- Convenient online format
- Statutes dealing with public employees such as the National Labor Relations Act and the Railway Labor Act
- Master-servant relationship
- Wages and hours
- Minimum wages and maximum hours
- Regulation of working conditions
- This is an accelerated course
- Extensions will not be granted
- Course is equivalent to at least 45 clock hours of study
- Students will be expected to spend an average of at least eight (8) hours per week reading and completing assignments
- 70 percent is the minimum passing score on all tests and assignments
45 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP(SM) or SHRM-SCP(SM) can be granted through The Center for Legal Studies (CLS).